Coconut oil is by far one of the most amazing multipurpose oils you can find on the planet. Not only is it an incredibly effective natural oil, but its versatility saves me so much money that I would otherwise spend on dozens of different products.
Coconut oil comes with a plethora of fabulous health benefits, but for today’s purpose, I decided to focus my attention only on my top ten beauty uses for this product. For best results, I highly recommend that you only use raw organic virgin oil, and that you keep it stored at room temperature.
- Eye makeup remover. Take a cotton pad, dampen it with water, and place some coconut oil on it. To remove your makeup, gently sweep it over your eyes, and notice how easily and efficiently it does the job.
- Pre-shampoo hair conditioner. Coconut oil is hands down the best hair conditioner I have ever tried. Apply it evenly roots to ends, and let is set for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. After that, shampoo and condition as you normally would, and notice how soft and manageable your hair has become after the treatment.
- Body scrub. The mixture of brown sugar and coconut oil, makes one of the best body scrubs you will ever try. Mix together half a cup of coconut oil, and 1 cup of brown sugar. Add in some essential oils, and scrub away. I promise your skin will feel as smooth as silk after that.
- Moisturizer. Coconut oil is an extremely nourishing moisturizer. Simply smooth it over your body and lips to be left with a deliciously velvety, tropical scented skin.
- Face mask. Mix together 1 tablespoon of coconut oil + 1 tablespoon of raw honey, and gently massage it onto your face. Let it set for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Take a clean washcloth and run it under hot water. Wring it out, drape it onto your face, and wipe away. Your face will be left feeling so clean, and so incredibly soft.
- Shaving balm. Coconut oil makes an amazing alternative to shaving cream. But I only recommend it for shaving your legs and your armpits. The oil lubricates the skin deeply and it allows the razor to glide effortlessly on your skin to remove the hair easily. You can also massage in a bit of coconut oil after you shaved, in order to lock in the moisture.
- Night cream. Add a few drops of coconut oil to your moisturizer or night cream, and apply before going to bed. Fear not, it will not clog your pores and you will wake up to an extremely soft and glowing skin.
- Frizz & dry hair tamer. Should your hair tend to be a bit dry, coconut oil could truly become your best buddy. Massage a bit of coconut oil on the ends to nourish and disguise split/dry hair, and smooth lightly over loose strands to tame misbehaving locks.
- Scalp conditions treatment. The MCTs* found in coconut oil, are known to hold strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. For this reason, coconut oil is considered a great ally in fighting scalp conditions such as dandruff or dry itchy skin. Lightly massage the coconut oil into your roots, and let it set for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual. It will take only 2 to 3 applications for you to notice a considerably healthier scalp.
- Cuticle cream. Last but not least…coconut oil works really well as a cuticle cream too! Simply massage the oil into your cuticles to give them some tender, loving care.
What is your favourite use for coconut oil? Will you try any of these? Do you know any others?
Please do let me know in the comments below! I look forwards to hearing from you!
P.S. You can find great quality cold-pressed virgin coconut oil here:
* Medium Chain Fatty Acids (Triglycerides).
Affiliate links have been used in this post.